English to English
1. of or relating to the central government of a federation
a federal district is one set aside as the seat of the national government
2. characterized by or constituting a form of government in which power is divided between one central and several regional authorities
a federal system like that of the United States|federal governments often evolved out of confederations
3. Pertaining to a league or treaty; derived from an agreement or covenant between parties, especially between nations; constituted by a compact between parties, usually governments or their representatives.
4. national; especially in reference to the government of the United States as distinct from that of its member units
the Federal Bureau of Investigation|federal courts|the federal highway program|federal property
5. being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War
Union soldiers|Federal forces|a Federal infantryman
6. a member of the Union Army during the American Civil War
7. any federal law-enforcement officer
8. See Federalist.
Indonesian to Indonesian
9. berpemerintahan sipil yg beberapa negara bagian membentuk kesatuan dan setiap negara bagian memiliki kebebasan dl mengurus persoalan di dl negerinya