English to English
1. Possessing great sensibility; easily affected or moved; as, a feeling heart.
2. the experiencing of affective and emotional states
she had a feeling of euphoria|he had terrible feelings of guilt|I disliked him and the feeling was mutual
3. a vague idea in which some confidence is placed
his impression of her was favorable|what are your feelings about the crisis?|it strengthened my belief in his sincerity|I had a feeling that she was lying
4. the general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
the feel of the city excited him|a clergyman improved the tone of the meeting|it had the smell of treason
5. a physical sensation that you experience
he had a queasy feeling|I had a strange feeling in my leg|he lost all feeling in his arm
6. the sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin
she likes the touch of silk on her skin|the surface had a greasy feeling
7. an intuitive understanding of something
he had a great feeling for music
8. The sense by which the mind, through certain nerves of the body, perceives external objects, or certain states of the body itself; that one of the five senses which resides in the general nerves of sensation distributed over the body, especially in its surface; the sense of touch; nervous sensibility to external objects.