English to English
1. going or proceeding or coming after in the same direction
the crowd of following cars made the occasion seem like a parade|tried to outrun the following footsteps
2. Next after; succeeding; ensuing; as, the assembly was held on the following day.
3. about to be mentioned or specified
the following items
4. immediately following in time or order
the following day|next in line|the next president|the next item on the list
5. in the desired direction
a following wind
6. a group of followers or enthusiasts
7. the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture
the culprit started to run and the cop took off in pursuit
8. One's followers, adherents, or dependents, collectively.