English to English
1. bulky food like grass or hay for browsing or grazing horses or cattle
2. the act of searching for food and provisions
3. The act of foraging; search for provisions, etc.
4. collect or look around for (food)
5. wander and feed
The animals forage in the woods
6. To wander or rove in search of food; to collect food, esp. forage, for horses and cattle by feeding on or stripping the country; to ravage; to feed on spoil.
7. To strip of provisions; to supply with forage; as, to forage steeds.