English to English
1. motion of hands or body to emphasize or help to express a thought or feeling
2. the use of movements (especially of the hands) to communicate familiar or prearranged signals
3. something done as an indication of intention
a political gesture|a gesture of defiance
4. Manner of carrying the body; position of the body or limbs; posture.
5. show, express or direct through movement
He gestured his desire to leave
6. To accompany or illustrate with gesture or action; to gesticulate.
7. To make gestures; to gesticulate.