1. showing or causing joy and pleasure; especially made happy
glad you are here|glad that they succeeded|gave a glad shout|a glad smile|heard the glad news|a glad occasion
2. Pleased; joyous; happy; cheerful; gratified; -- opposed to sorry, sorrowful, or unhappy; -- said of persons, and often followed by of, at, that, or by the infinitive, and sometimes by with, introducing the cause or reason.
3. eagerly disposed to act or to be of service
glad to help
4. feeling happy appreciation
glad of the fire's warmth
5. cheerful and bright
a beaming smile|a glad May morning
6. any of numerous plants of the genus Gladiolus native chiefly to tropical and South Africa having sword-shaped leaves and one-sided spikes of brightly colored funnel-shaped flowers; widely cultivated
7. To make glad; to cheer; to gladden; to exhilarate.