English to English
1. (Christian theology) a state of sanctification by God; the state of one who is under such divine influence
the conception of grace developed alongside the conception of sin|it was debated whether saving grace could be obtained outside the membership of the church|the Virgin lived in a state of grace
2. elegance and beauty of movement or expression
a beautiful figure which she used in subtle movements of unparalleled grace
3. a sense of propriety and consideration for others
a place where the company of others must be accepted with good grace
4. a disposition to kindness and compassion
the victor's grace in treating the vanquished
5. (Greek mythology) one of three sisters who were the givers of beauty and charm; a favorite subject for sculptors
6. a short prayer of thanks before a meal
their youngest son said grace
7. (Christian theology) the free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God
God's grace is manifested in the salvation of sinners|there but for the grace of God go I
8. The exercise of love, kindness, mercy, favor; disposition to benefit or serve another; favor bestowed or privilege conferred.
9. make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
Decorate the room for the party|beautify yourself for the special day
10. be beautiful to look at
Flowers adorned the tables everywhere
11. To adorn; to decorate; to embellish and dignify.