English to English
1. before any deductions
2. Great; large; bulky; fat; of huge size; excessively large.
3. lacking fine distinctions or detail
the gross details of the structure appear reasonable
4. repellently fat
a bald porcine old man
5. visible to the naked eye (especially of rocks and anatomical features)
6. without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers
an arrant fool|a complete coward|a consummate fool|a double-dyed villain|gross negligence|a perfect idiot|pure folly|what a sodding mess|stark staring mad|a thoroughgoing villain|utter nonsense|the unadulterated truth
7. conspicuously and tastelessly indecent
coarse language|a crude joke|crude behavior|an earthy sense of humor|a revoltingly gross expletive|a vulgar gesture|full of language so vulgar it should have been edited
8. conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible
a crying shame|an egregious lie|flagrant violation of human rights|a glaring error|gross ineptitude|gross injustice|rank treachery
9. twelve dozen
10. the entire amount of income before any deductions are made
11. The main body; the chief part, bulk, or mass.
12. earn before taxes, expenses, etc.