English to English
1. thoroughly clean and free of or destructive to disease-causing organisms
doctors in antiseptic green coats|the antiseptic effect of alcohol|it is said that marjoram has antiseptic qualities
2. Counteracting or preventing putrefaction, or a putrescent tendency in the system; antiputrefactive.
3. clean and honest
antiseptic financial practices
4. freeing from error or corruption
the antiseptic effect of sturdy criticism
5. devoid of objectionable language
lyrics as antiseptic as Sunday School
6. a substance that destroys micro-organisms that carry disease without harming body tissues
7. A substance which prevents or retards putrefaction, or destroys, or protects from, putrefactive organisms; as, salt, carbolic acid, alcohol, cinchona.