English to English
1. Sound; entire; healthy; robust; not impaired; as, a hale body.
2. exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health
hale and hearty|whole in mind and body|a whole person again
3. a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British; his last words were supposed to have been `I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country' (1755-1776)
4. United States astronomer who discovered that sunspots are associated with strong magnetic fields (1868-1938)
5. prolific United States writer (1822-1909)
7. to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :
She forced him to take a job in the city|He squeezed her for information
8. draw slowly or heavily
haul stones|haul nets
9. To pull; to drag; to haul.