English to English
1. an indirect suggestion
not a breath of scandal ever touched her
2. a slight indication
3. a slight but appreciable amount
this dish could use a touch of garlic
4. a just detectable amount
he speaks French with a trace of an accent
5. an indication of potential opportunity
he got a tip on the stock market|a good lead for a job
6. A remote allusion; slight mention; intimation; insinuation; a suggestion or reminder, without a full declaration or explanation; also, an occasion or motive.
7. drop a hint; intimate by a hint
8. To bring to mind by a slight mention or remote allusion; to suggest in an indirect manner; as, to hint a suspicion.
9. To make an indirect reference, suggestion, or allusion; to allude vaguely to something.