English to English
1. the aggregate of past events
a critical time in the school's history
2. a record or narrative description of past events
a history of France|he gave an inaccurate account of the plot to kill the president|the story of exposure to lead
3. the discipline that records and interprets past events involving human beings
he teaches Medieval history|history takes the long view
4. the continuum of events occurring in succession leading from the past to the present and even into the future
all of human history
5. all that is remembered of the past as preserved in writing; a body of knowledge
the dawn of recorded history|from the beginning of history
6. A learning or knowing by inquiry; the knowledge of facts and events, so obtained; hence, a formal statement of such information; a narrative; a description; a written record; as, the history of a patient's case; the history of a legislative bill.
7. To narrate or record.