English to English
1. Fit or fitted; suited; suitable; appropriate.
2. (usually followed by `to') naturally disposed toward
he is apt to ignore matters he considers unimportant|I am not minded to answer any questions
3. at risk of or subject to experiencing something usually unpleasant
he is apt to lose|she is liable to forget
4. mentally quick and resourceful
an apt pupil|you are a clever man...you reason well and your wit is bold
5. being of striking appropriateness and pertinence
the successful copywriter is a master of apposite and evocative verbal images|an apt reply
6. To fit; to suit; to adapt.