English to English
1. the striking of one body against another
2. a forceful consequence; a strong effect
the book had an important impact on my thinking|the book packs a wallop
3. influencing strongly
they resented the impingement of American values on European culture
4. the violent interaction of individuals or groups entering into combat
the armies met in the shock of battle
5. Contact or impression by touch; collision; forcible contact; force communicated.
6. press or wedge together; pack together
7. have an effect upon
Will the new rules affect me?
8. To drive close; to press firmly together: to wedge into a place.