English to English
1. requiring attention or action
as nuclear weapons proliferate, preventing war becomes imperative|requests that grew more and more imperative
2. relating to verbs in the imperative mood
3. Expressive of command; containing positive command; authoritatively or absolutely directive; commanding; authoritative; as, imperative orders.
4. a mood that expresses an intention to influence the listener's behavior
5. some duty that is essential and urgent
6. The imperative mood; also, a verb in the imperative mood.