English to English
1. a distinctive influence
English stills bears the imprint of the Norman invasion
2. a concavity in a surface produced by pressing
he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud
3. an identification of a publisher; a publisher's name along with the date and address and edition that is printed at the bottom of the title page
the book was published under a distinguished imprint
4. an impression produced by pressure or printing
5. a device produced by pressure on a surface
6. Whatever is impressed or imprinted; the impress or mark left by something; specifically, the name of the printer or publisher (usually) with the time and place of issue, in the title- page of a book, or on any printed sheet.
7. establish or impress firmly in the mind
We imprint our ideas onto our children
8. mark or stamp with or as if with pressure
To make a batik, you impress a design with wax
9. To impress; to mark by pressure; to indent; to stamp.