English to English
1. perfect or complete or pure
absolute loyalty|absolute silence|absolute truth|absolute alcohol
2. Loosed from any limitation or condition; uncontrolled; unrestricted; unconditional; as, absolute authority, monarchy, sovereignty, an absolute promise or command; absolute power; an absolute monarch.
3. complete and without restriction or qualification; sometimes used informally as intensifiers
absolute freedom|an absolute dimwit|a downright lie|out-and-out mayhem|an out-and-out lie|a rank outsider|many right-down vices|got the job through sheer persistence|sheer stupidity
4. not limited by law
an absolute monarch
5. expressing finality with no implication of possible change
an absolute guarantee to respect the nation's authority
6. not capable of being violated or infringed
infrangible human rights
7. something that is conceived or that exists independently and not in relation to other things; something that does not depend on anything else and is beyond human control; something that is not relative
no mortal being can influence the absolute
8. In a plane, the two imaginary circular points at infinity; in space of three dimensions, the imaginary circle at infinity.