English to English
1. having the capacity for thought and reason especially to a high degree
is there intelligent life in the universe?|an intelligent question
2. Endowed with the faculty of understanding or reason; as, man is an intelligent being.
3. possessing sound knowledge
4. exercising or showing good judgment
healthy scepticism|a healthy fear of rattlesnakes|the healthy attitude of French laws|healthy relations between labor and management|an intelligent solution|a sound approach to the problem|sound advice|no sound explanation for his decision
5. endowed with the capacity to reason