English to English
1. lying between two extremes in time or space or state
going from sitting to standing without intermediate pushes with the hands|intermediate stages in a process|intermediate stops on the route|an intermediate range plane
2. Lying or being in the middle place or degree, or between two extremes; coming or done between; intervening; interposed; interjacent; as, an intermediate space or time; intermediate colors.
3. around the middle of a scale of evaluation
an orange of average size|intermediate capacity|medium bombers
4. a substance formed during a chemical process before the desired product is obtained
5. act between parties with a view to reconciling differences
He interceded in the family dispute|He mediated a settlement
6. To come between; to intervene; to interpose.