English to English
1. relating to verbs in the so-called interrogative mood
not all questions have an interrogative construction
2. relating to the use of or having the nature of an interrogation
3. Denoting a question; expressed in the form of a question; as, an interrogative sentence; an interrogative pronoun.
4. a sentence of inquiry that asks for a reply
he asked a direct question|he had trouble phrasing his interrogations
5. some linguists consider interrogative sentences to constitute a mood
6. A word used in asking questions; as, who? which? why?