English to English
1. the questioning of a person (or a conversation in which information is elicited); often conducted by journalists
my interviews with teenagers revealed a weakening of religious bonds
2. a conference (usually with someone important)
he had a consultation with the judge|he requested an audience with the king
3. A mutual sight or view; a meeting face to face; usually, a formal or official meeting for consultation; a conference; as, the secretary had an interview with the President.
4. conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting
5. discuss formally with (somebody) for the purpose of an evaluation
We interviewed the job candidates
6. go for an interview in the hope of being hired
The job candidate interviewed everywhere
7. To have an interview with; to question or converse with, especially for the purpose of obtaining information for publication.