English to English
1. a detailed list of all the items in stock
2. the merchandise that a shop has on hand
they carried a vast inventory of hardware|they stopped selling in exact sizes in order to reduce inventory
3. (accounting) the value of a firm's current assets including raw materials and work in progress and finished goods
4. a collection of resources
he dipped into his intellectual armory to find an answer
5. making an itemized list of merchandise or supplies on hand
an inventory may be necessary to see if anything is missing|they held an inventory every month
6. An account, catalogue, or schedule, made by an executor or administrator, of all the goods and chattels, and sometimes of the real estate, of a deceased person; a list of the property of which a person or estate is found to be possessed; hence, an itemized list of goods or valuables, with their estimated worth; specifically, the annual account of stock taken in any business.
7. make or include in an itemized record or report
Inventory all books before the end of the year
8. To make an inventory of; to make a list, catalogue, or schedule of; to insert or register in an account of goods; as, a merchant inventories his stock.