English to English
1. Subjected to the process of inversion; inverted; converted; as, invert sugar.
2. An inverted arch.
3. make an inversion (in a musical composition)
here the theme is inverted
4. reverse the position, order, relation, or condition of
when forming a question, invert the subject and the verb
5. turn inside out or upside down
6. To turn over; to put upside down; to upset; to place in a contrary order or direction; to reverse; as, to invert a cup, the order of words, rules of justice, etc.
7. To undergo inversion, as sugar.