English to English
1. make an investment
Put money into bonds
2. give qualities or abilities to
3. furnish with power or authority; of kings or emperors
4. provide with power and authority
They vested the council with special rights
5. place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position
there was a ceremony to induct the president of the Academy
6. To put garments on; to clothe; to dress; to array; -- opposed to divest. Usually followed by with, sometimes by in; as, to invest one with a robe.
7. To make an investment; as, to invest in stocks; -- usually followed by in.