English to English
1. a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography)
it was a mountainous area|Bible country
2. a subject of study
it was his area of specialization|areas of interest include...
3. a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve
in the abdominal region
4. a particular environment or walk of life
his social sphere is limited|it was a closed area of employment|he's out of my orbit
5. a part of a structure having some specific characteristic or function
the spacious cooking area provided plenty of room for servants
6. the extent of a 2-dimensional surface enclosed within a boundary
the area of a rectangle|it was about 500 square feet in area
7. Any plane surface, as of the floor of a room or church, or of the ground within an inclosure; an open space in a building.
Indonesian to Indonesian
8. 1 bagian permukaan bumi; daerah; 2 wilayah geografis yg digunakan untuk keperluan khusus: hutan ini akan dibuka untuk -- pertanian; 3 Ling wilayah geografis yg memiliki ciri-ciri tipologi bahasa yg bersamaan, spt ciri-ciri lafal, leksikal, atau gramatikal