English to English
1. a short coat
2. an outer wrapping or casing
phonograph records were sold in cardboard jackets
3. (dentistry) dental appliance consisting of an artificial crown for a broken or decayed tooth
tomorrow my dentist will fit me for a crown
4. the outer skin of a potato
5. the tough metal shell casing for certain kinds of ammunition
6. A short upper garment, extending downward to the hips; a short coat without skirts.
7. provide with a thermally non-conducting cover
The tubing needs to be jacketed
8. put a jacket on
The men were jacketed
9. To put a jacket on; to furnish, as a boiler, with a jacket.