English to English
1. any triangular fore-and-aft sail (set forward of the foremast)
2. A triangular sail set upon a stay or halyard extending from the foremast or fore-topmast to the bowsprit or the jib boom. Large vessels often carry several jibs; as, inner jib; outer jib; flying jib; etc.
3. One that jibs, or balks; a jibber.
4. refuse to comply
5. shift from one side of the ship to the other
The sail jibbed wildly
6. To move restively backward or sidewise, -- said of a horse; to balk.
7. To shift, or swing round, as a sail, boom, yard, etc., as in tacking.
Indonesian to Indonesian
8. layar berbentuk segitiga yg dipasang pd tiang terdepan