English to English
1. a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true
it was a strong argument that his hypothesis was true
2. a contentious speech act; a dispute where there is strong disagreement
they were involved in a violent argument
3. a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal
the argument over foreign aid goes on and on
4. a summary of the subject or plot of a literary work or play or movie
the editor added the argument to the poem
5. (computer science) a reference or value that is passed to a function, procedure, subroutine, command, or program
6. a variable in a logical or mathematical expression whose value determines the dependent variable; if f(x)=y, x is the independent variable
7. a course of reasoning aimed at demonstrating a truth or falsehood; the methodical process of logical reasoning
I can't follow your line of reasoning
8. Proof; evidence.
9. To make an argument; to argue.