English to English
1. a particularly baffling problem that is said to have a correct solution
he loved to solve chessmate puzzles|that's a real puzzler
2. a game that tests your ingenuity
3. Something which perplexes or embarrasses; especially, a toy or a problem contrived for testing ingenuity; also, something exhibiting marvelous skill in making.
4. be a mystery or bewildering to
This beats me!|Got me--I don't know the answer!|a vexing problem|This question really stuck me
5. be uncertain about; think about without fully understanding or being able to decide
We puzzled over her sudden departure
6. To perplex; to confuse; to embarrass; to put to a stand; to nonplus.
7. To be bewildered, or perplexed.