English to English
1. a relation between people; (`relationship' is often used where `relation' would serve, as in `the relationship between inflation and unemployment', but the preferred usage of `relationship' is for human relations or states of relatedness)
the relationship between mothers and their children
2. a state of connectedness between people (especially an emotional connection)
he didn't want his wife to know of the relationship
3. a state involving mutual dealings between people or parties or countries
4. (anthropology) relatedness or connection by blood or marriage or adoption
5. The state of being related by kindred, affinity, or other alliance.